Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Just Follow The Golden Road...To Deliciousness!

Greetings, Readers!

Feelinjg inspired by last week's entry with Tony's Darts Away, I decided to try out another local beer themed locale. This week I stopped by Golden Road Brewing.

Also run by Tony Yanow, this massive micro-brewery opened up on a small stretch of land between train tracks and the I-5 in Atwater Village.

I had been wanting to visit Golden Road when they originally opened late last year, but I my plans were continually thwarted. I had even tried their Golden Road Hef before even stepping into their brewery because of its availability at many local bars (canned, not bottle btw).

Finally making a stop at the brewery this past week, I was not only excited by their enticing beer menu, but after having sampled the food at Tony's Darts Away, I was eager to find a sandwich that would appeal to me here.

It didn't take long to decide on the pulled pork sandwich. The shredded pork was braised in the aforementioned Golden Road Hefeweizen, and stacked high on the bun along with shredded Napa cabbage and whole grain agave mustard on a croissant.

Yes, a croissant.

When I first got my food, I was a bit confused. Maybe I was given the wrong sandwich. I had never been given a pulled pork sandwich on a croissant before, or even anything after breakfast hours, so this was a bit strange.

But did it taste so good.

The buttery, flaky croissant really contrasted amazingly with the sharp mustard and strong flavors from the barbecued pork. The cabbage joined the party and added some crunch to the mix, which was definitely needed to contrast with the soft croissant.

Overall, this may be the best pulled pork sandwich I have ever had. Combine it with some potato salad and two pints of Golden Road's own draft offerings, and you have a delicious meal.

I cannot wait to go back.

Until next week, Readers!



Pulled Pork Sandwich
**** 1/2 Stars
Golden Road Brewery Pub
5410 West San Fernando Road
Los Angeles, CA
www.goldenroad.la

No comments:

Post a Comment

hey, totally leave your name in your post so i know who is posting! thanks for commenting!