Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Burger Time!

Greetings, Readers!

I've lived in the Toluca Lake/Noho Arts District area for a little bit and I have consistently been pleased by the number of great eateries that are available in this fun little pocket of the Valley. One place I have always been interested in trying, yet have somehow avoided for months, is Jack's Classic Hamburgers.

Even more odd is that we share a name and I somehow didn't jump on going there.

Jack's is a tiny burger stand crammed onto the corner of Tujunga and Camarillo/Riverside right up against the 170 freeway (sounds like a lot of directions if you're not from LA). Even though the shop may be small, the servings are quite large.

I've tried a lot of burgers in my time, so this place had a lot to live up to, but I was quite satisfied with what Jack's had to offer.

Now let's get something out there first: Jack's is not reinventing the hamburger. You won't find ostrich meat or alligator bacon with some obscure cheese on top. What they do is present to you the stripped down original version of this sandwich. They just happen to do it very well.


The cheeseburger combo that I ordered had a large patty topped with cheddar cheese, lettuce, onions and tomatoes with a side of fries. The one thing that caught me off guard at first was the deceptive thickness of the entire sandwich. I thought the patty took up more room than I originally though, but it's actually the large stack of vegetables they pile on. There is a ton of lettuce and onions (which you can ask them to leave off) that make each bite a mouthful.


This doesn't take away from the sandwich though, as it adds a nice crisp and fresh contrast to the greasy burger underneath.

 Greasy and delicious.

The cheddar was perfectly melted on top of the delicious beef patty, completing the classic cheeseburger taste.

So if you find yourself in the W. Toluca Lake/Noho Arts district area, whether it be by visiting our local park, or by stumbling out of a bar late one Saturday night, Jack's is definitely a stop you should make.

Cheeseburger Combo
*** 1/2 Stars
Jack's Classic Hamburgers
11375 Riverside Drive
W. Toluca Lake, CA 91602

2 comments:

  1. Alligator bacon! Love it. NOM. Those fries look really really good ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Should not have read this on Ash Wednesday. I need to wait until tomorrow to satisfy my burger craving now.

    ReplyDelete

hey, totally leave your name in your post so i know who is posting! thanks for commenting!