Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Reuben Returns!

Greeting's Readers!

As long as I have lived in Los Angeles (and we are coming up on five years this fall), I have passed by Paty's numerous times as I frequented Toluca Lake for Priscilla's Gourmet Coffee and Tea cafe over the years. Even with this, I have never once stopped into Paty's before this past weekend.

Wanting something close to home that was low key and offered diner food, Paty's was one of the first places to come to mind. A retro looking diner out on Riverside Drive on the main strip of Toluca Lake, Paty's has been a stop for many a celebrity and hungry local for many years.

One of the first things I noticed after entering the diner was how incredibly friendly the staff was. I mean, I don't normally talk about the staff at all of the restaurants I go to, but I just have to mention this one. From the second we walked in until the second we walked out, the staff was always courteous and very kind. This place is worth going to just for the service.

But this isn't a food service industry blog, so I looked at their incredible sandwich selection. While I wanted to try a few other sandwiches that I never had before, I found myself in the mood for a Reuben which I hadn't had for quite some time.

The sandwich was excellent. It was hot and the corned beef was piled high, tender and full of flavor. Stacked on rye bread with swiss cheese and sauerkraut, the bread held together incredibly well and offered that strong rye flavor even over all of the other competing flavors.

Honestly, it's an amazing example of a Reuben and makes me feel like there is incredible promise n the other sandwiches offered at Paty's.

I will definitely be returning again soon.

Lastly this week, we are now only 2 weeks away from my 100th post and to do something special for the event, I thought I would go back through this massive amount of reviews and pick my top 10 favorite sandwiches and rank them all for you (thanks to reader Anderson for the suggestion).

Do you have any favorites from the ones I've reviewed?

Don't worry though, LA won't be the only city represented on here as one from at least every city I've been to over the course of this journey will be represented.

Even you, Cleveland.

Until next week, Readers...

The Reuben
**** Stars
Paty's Restaurant
10001 Riverside Drive
Toluca Lake, CA 91602

No comments:

Post a Comment

hey, totally leave your name in your post so i know who is posting! thanks for commenting!