Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Sandwiches of Future Past

Greetings, Readers!

I started this blog as a way to not only keep up with my writing, but also to explore many new places not only in Los Angeles, but outside of the city as well. I've come upon so many new and exciting places to eat that my eating experience has been fantastic over the past few years.

The one downside to trying so many new places is that sometimes some favorite, previously oft-visited places are not often returned to.

In my case, that would include Swingers Hollywood.

When I first came out to Los Angeles for an internship in 2005, I spent at least three nights a week at Swingers. It was a great diner-like atmosphere with excellent food, and usually a great spot to see B-list celebrities hanging out after being at clubs and bars.

If I wasn't interested in eating one of their delicious breakfast plates, my usual go-to was the Stuffed Grilled Cheese, which was thankfully still on the menu when my sabbatical from Swingers ended this past Friday evening.

Stuffed with melted Jack and cheddar cheeses, homemade guacamole, grilled onions, sliced tomatoes on sourdough, the Stuffed Grilled cheese is an excellent example of late night eats. The cheese is melty, the bread is lightly grilled and buttery, and the flavor added by the guacamole and onions is excellent.

If you find yourself not able to wait to bite into the sandwich, I suggest you have some water on-hand. The tomatoes can be quite a bit hot in the first few bites, so word of warning, be careful. After that though, this is an excellent sandwich, and perfect eats whether it's for lunch, or for soaking up the night's alcohol.

Since it had been so long since my last visit, I had to have desert here. Following up so much cheese, I could have probably picked a better flavor complement than the thick Peanut Butter and Banana milkshake, but really it was the right decision after all.

If you're in the area, you should definitely add a stop at Swingers to your itinerary. it'll be worth the visit as even the atmosphere is worth the dining experience.

Oh, and the jukebox? One of the best in town.

Until next week...


Stuffed Grilled Cheese
****
Swingers Hollywood
8020 Beverly Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90048

No comments:

Post a Comment

hey, totally leave your name in your post so i know who is posting! thanks for commenting!